Published by exdone
Posted on December 17, 2020
I currently use my Lenovo laptop as a desktop replacement until i can build a new desktop. The issue I kep having is when the laptop would go into sleep mode. I was not able to wake it up without opening the lid and pushing the power button. I found this was due to Windows 10 suspending the USB connections in the power settings. Below are the steps to keep the USB ports active during sleep mode.
1. Navigate to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
2. Click change advance power settings
3. Go down to USB Settings / USB Selective suspend settings
4. Enable on plugged in and battery. Then click apply
5. For good measure I also went to sleep/allow wake timers . I enabled this for battery and plugged in.