Posted on October 13, 2020
For some odd reason I have been unable to add new users to Windows 10 home edition. The only way that work included adding the user directly under netplwiz.
- Click the Window key + r
- Enter netplwiz
- Click add to add the new user
If you need to lock the default Administrator user do this from the command line.
- Search for command , right click it and open as administrator
- type net user Administrator /active:no
Clear the windows user password using Kali Linux
- mount the windows partition
- if you get a mount error due to the drive being stuck in hibernation mode. use this command
ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sdXN /path/to/mount
- Then cd to the path /Windows/System32/config
- run the command chntpw -l SAM
- Run this command to chntpw -U <user> SAM
- After which you can clear the password for the user and unlock the user.