Published by exdone
Posted on March 27, 2009
Error message during Office 2000 or Office XP installation: “Error 1335 – Cannot Copy Cab File Office1.cab”
Office 2007 installation stops because missing office.en-us\officelr.cab
Reason: despite what you may find online. I found that the issue is caused by a damage memory module. You can either replace the bad module or use the solution outlined on Microsoft Website at KB314810
Excerpt from the KB
Change the memory settings for installation
To change the memory settings for installation, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
3. On the BOOT.INI tab, click Advanced Options.
4. In the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box, select the /MAXMEM= check box, and then change the setting to 256 (or lower if your computer has less RAM).
5. Click OK to close the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box.
6. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Apply.
7. Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
8. Click Restart to the following message:
You must restart your computer for some of the changes made by System Configuration to take effect.
9. After you restart your computer, install Office as a Complete Install.
10. After you install Microsoft Office, follow steps 1 through 8 to clear the /MAXMEM= check box.