Posted on November 14, 2015
Daily system cleanup is needed to keep the hardware cooled and in working order. Schedule a visit from your local tech guy or try cleaning it yourself. The steps below may help if you are willing to go down the rabbit hole.
- You will need the below items before you begin
- Rubbing Alcohol , a Phillips-Head Screwdriver, Compressed Duster air, clean towel, and some cpu compound paste.
- Open the system and take it outside with the compressed Air. I don’t think it would be wise to spread the system in the house :) . Once the system has been sprayed.
- Remove the cpu fan and spray this thoroughly
- Put some alcohol on the towel and wipe the top over the CPU and the bottom of the fan. This will remove any old compound paste.
- In some cases you may need to replace the power supply. As these unit can get really dusty and its best to just replace it.
- Put some new CPU compound on the top of the CPU and replace the CPU fan.
- Put everything back together and your system will run cooler and smoother. You’ve have just added a few years to your running system.
Categories: Linux Maintenance, Windows