Published by expire0
Posted on November 25, 2012
We found a bug in our Ubuntu server where something is changing the resolve.conf file. This is removing our customer name server setting back to localhost. Until we find a permanent fix for this. I setup a cron task to overwrite the file every hour with the correct settings,
So I created a template file called resolv.conf under my user folder /home/user/resolv.conf . created a bash file with
cat /home/user/resolv.conf > /etc/resolv.conf , set this to run every hour .. it seems to work , please note if you reboot the server you may need to run the script manually. and then the server will keep up with the cron.
I hope this helps someone.
Some have said the fix at AskUbuntu worked for them