Posted on January 20, 2016
Add Shutdown Button with Group Policy
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- In left-side pane, navigate to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> Security Options.
- In the right pane select the “Shutdown: Allow system to be shut down without having to log on” policy and double-click on it. SelectEnable and click Apply and OK.
Windows 10 home users
AddShutdown Button with Registry Trick
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box. Type regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- In left-side pane, navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- In the right pane, double-click on shutdownwithoutlogon and set its value to 1 as shown in screenshot below:
A restart may be required.